Education and Training Delivery
We deliver vocational training in-house or through training and employer partners, both in custody and out in the community. These have included;
- Construction gateway – providing individuals with CSCS cards, banksman tickets and CPCS dumper / roller licences for employment in the construction industry
- Employability skills levels 1 and 2
- Award in Education and Training level 3
- Teaching – PTLLS (Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector)
- Non-accredited mindset and employability courses
We have also developed our own non-accredited courses which have been commissioned by prisons, the national careers service and approved premises. These are delivered by ex prisoners and focus on changing the mindsets of our service-users so they feel more positive and confident about their resettlement goals and future employment goals.
Employer academies are also run in partnership with organisations wishing to work with and support our service users. These have included the Probation Service, Birmingham Metropolitan College, Virgin Trains and RMF Construction, many of whom have employed candidates from the academies.