Resettlement Support Worker
Part-time. Leicester - HMP Fosse Way
£23,000 per annum (pro rata)
Tired of working in a soulless role? Would you like to make a difference to people’s lives and give back to society? If the answer is yes, please read on.
The New Leaf Initiative is a multi-award-winning profit for purpose organisation that supports people with multiple and sometimes complex barriers to employment, including homelessness, substance addiction, mental health, disabilities and specialising in criminal convictions since 2014.
Through our unique peer-led model, New Leaf provides holistic and person-centred support to people who wish to improve and change their lives, working closely to build relationships with those accessing our services.
Our long-term vision is to enable clients to access sustainable employment in a career of their choosing, which is proven to reduce reoffending, and which is achieved through three key stages:
Stabilisation – identifying needs and empowering people to overcome barriers to enable stability in their lives
Upskilling – working with clients to provide them with the skills, training, education, and qualifications needed to enter employment
Employment – identifying and connecting with employers to access employment, with the provision of ongoing in-work support.
The Role Available
As part of an exciting period of expansion, New Leaf has been commissioned to operate a Departure Lounge from Fosse Way prison near Leicester. You would be responsible for engaging with people in custody in preparation for their release into the community, supporting them with independence and stability. Your duties may include.
- Attend pre-release meetings to engage with people in custody and increase awareness of the support services they can access from The New Leaf Initiative
- Meet people as they are released from custody to ensure they have all information they need to help their transition back into the community.
- Make follow up contact with people released, establishing their needs.
- Support clients to stabilise by ensuring that basic needs are met e.g., housing, benefits, bank account, GP registered, ID, etc.
- Signposting clients to appropriate education and training opportunities to support upskilling.
- Provide employment support and employment opportunities, either through The New Leaf Initiative, or external referral partners
- Maintain regular contact with clients for the duration of time that they require support from The New Leaf Initiative.
- Record accurate client data on a CRM, to include engagement with clients, support provided, and successful outcomes achieved.
- Provision of monthly reporting to Serco
The role offers a basic salary of up to £23,000 (pro rata) along with a company pension.
Skills / Experience Required
We are looking for an individual with lived experience of the Criminal Justice System, who has a passion for helping others.
- Extensive knowledge around accessing services in the local area being served by the prison and local resettlement areas
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit different people.
- Listening skills and empathy, with the ability to understand the needs of others.
- Able to remain calm in challenging situations.
- Organised and able to maintain accurate data and notes.
- IT literate, able to use Microsoft Office. Training will be provided on CRM system.
- A driving licence is essential as the role will involve occasional travel to other locations.
In line with our values, we are looking for individuals who are Ethical, Credible, Empathetic, Solution-focused, Transformative, and Unique. We will be looking for applicants to demonstrate these during the interview process.
We operate an open and honest working environment, where we celebrate team members contributions, but are also not afraid to challenge and question others.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, diverse characteristics and lived experiences, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.